Business Development Officer
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Focus on generating commercial loans but not limited to C&I, CRE, SBA and commercial core deposits.
- Develop internal and external strategic partnerships to aid in the overall relationship building with our clients to offer financial solutions
- Make joint calls with business partners to develop new business and increase or retain relationship with existing members
- Make productive referrals to business partners for banking services
- Maintains a prospective member calling program by using referrals and other methods to identify potential members. Makes cold calls to promote the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Submits reports including business development activity, i.e. calling activity, sales (deposit and loan) and referrals, in the prescribed method and in an efficient, timely manner.
- Develops and maintains an in- depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of member’s needs based on the review and analysis of personal and business financial data gathered.
- Consistently updates current member data, call summaries, etc.
- Conduct preliminary underwriting and structure of credit requests
- 2+ years experience within a financial institution working with business banking clients
- Proactive sales and networkingskills for soliciting business banking deposit products and credit facilities
- Ability to identify clients’ needs and offer Credit Union services as solution to retain and grow member relationships
- Have a demonstrated ability to review business loan applications and supporting financial documents to determine the borrowing capacity and cash flow of applicant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
Crescent offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and 401-k.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- minorities/women/disabled/veterans.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your application and voluntary self-identification form (see below) to [email protected] or fax or mail to:
Crescent Credit Union
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 4290
Brockton, MA 02303
E-Mail: [email protected]
About Voluntary Self-Identification Forms
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information obtained will be kept confidential and may only be used in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders, and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual.
Crescent Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact our Human Resources Departments via e-mail [email protected] or call 508-559-5400.